Restaurants, opening hours, side events, things to do
Looking for restaurants, opening hours, things to do or places to visit?
Here´s all you need, so save this page to your favorites and focus on enjoying your IRONMAN race week at Tahko. Our town is all yours.
Where to eat?
Tahko´s restaurants at your service – find opening hours.
Restaurants right next to IRONMAN Village
- Restaurant Hillside, Break Sokos Hotel Tahko
- Breakfast buffet 07:00-11:00
- Á la carte 16:00-22:00
- Pizza Breikki, Break Sokos Hotel 11:00-21:00
- Hesburger, Break Sokos Hotel 11:00-21:00
- Kotipizza 11:00-18:00
- Bar & Lounge Cervina, Piazza 17:00-22:00
Restaurants 100m-900m from IRONMAN Village
- Restaurant Wanha Klubi 08:00-20:00
- Lunch buffet 11:00-15:00, 13,50€
- Restaurant Kaisla 09:00-17:00
- Lunch buffet 11:00-16:00, 13,50€
- Restaurant El Monte 14:00-21:00
Restaurants more than 1km from IRONMAN Village
- Restaurant Golden Resort 08:00-19:00
- Lunch buffet 11:00-15:00, 14,50€
Mountain bikes, eBikes, fatbikes, SUP boards, canoes, kayaks and much more for adventures and moving around the area.
- SkiMac Tahko ( slope-side of the bride )
- Mon-Wed 10-17, Thu-Fri 10-18, Sat 10-17, Sun 10-14
- Wild Nordic ( at the IM Village )
- Mon-Sun 10-18
- Tahko Safaris ( at the IM Village )
- Mon-Sat 10-17, closed on Sunday
- Hill Ski Rent ( next to transition zone )
- Mon-Sun 10-18
Trip to the top!
Take a trip to the top of Tahko Mountain and explore the beautiful lakeside scenery and natural attractions. For heading to the top, use Tahko stairs or hiking trails.
- Tahko Stairs ( 1054 steps to the top )
- On the top, turn right to Panorama Bar & Café, walk 500 meters on the road, take a break and walk back down via hiking trails, through Mäkiautio gorge.
- Tahko Outdoor trail map ( PDF )
- Start from the Huutavanholma gate located next from transition zone. Explore the new observation deck on the way and views from observation tower on the top. Walk 1km along the road on the top, take a break at Panorama and walk back down via hiking trails, through Mäkiautio gorge. If you prefer a shorter way, use Tahko stairs for getting back down in the middle way.
- Tahko Panorama Chair lift is in operation on Wed, Thu and Fri. Check opening hours and prices >>
Entertainment, bars and cozy terraces
Unique distillery restaurant and terrace in the heart of event, next to IRONMAN finish line. Perfect spot to watch the run!
Fri – Sat 13:00-01:00
Large lakeside terrace in the heart of event. Best place to watch the swim start! Coffee, drinks and food all day long.
Thu – Fri 12:00-20:00
Dj Chuck Lazer @ Piazza Night
on Sat 13th from 21 to 04.
Entrance fee 5 €.
A cozy bar and living room
with relaxed atmosphere.
Open Thu-Sat 17-02
Popular night club next to
transition zone and beach.
Open Fri-Sat 22-4:30
Visit with children
Other useful information
- Taxi orders tel. +358 100 86000
- Or hop in to available cars at IRONMAN Village taxi stand.
- Nearest shops:
- Small convenience store ( Sale ) at IRONMAN Village and K-Market next to Tahko Event Park, about 300m from IM Village.
- Outdoor clothing, shoes and more from SkiMac Shop and Hill Ski Shop
- Next ones: Nilsiä town center 10km and Kuopio 65km
- Need for help? Central Booking Office TAHKOcom is open Mon-Sat 9AM to 5PM
- Location: Tahkolaaksontie 4, next to transition zone. Tel. +358 300 870 787